Dee.Gi.B

A blog designed by a true fashion enthusiast, as homage to all of the writers, designers, photographers, destinations, and beautiful people that constantly inspire my creativity. Get lost with me in the expirience of high fashion, beauty, with small touches of food, music, and art, using each aspect to infiltrate into your own fabulous life, xo Diandra

Thursday, May 3, 2012

ALICE IN WONDERLAND: THE PHOTO SHOOT

Hello angels!! To get right to business, I've been working like crazy lately, getting opportunities to style amazing photo shoots! One that I've recently worked on was for a beautiful actress by the name of Erica Rhodes, who I've met some time ago on the set of an Indie Film she was starring in. A few weeks ago my best friend and Make-up artist was asked to do make-up on this particular project, and when she told me the shoot had an Alice in Wonderland theme and they were in need of a stylist, I jumped at the opportunity. Fantasy and whimsicality are so very intriguing to me, and to incorporate them into a look was an absolute dream come true, as I'm am captivated by fairy tales. The look I choose for Erica for what would be the main ensemble of the day was a perfect combination of fantasy, high fashion, and modern flair. I put her in an incredible off the shoulder blouse with tiered lace ruffle detailing. For a modern touch, I had her wear an indigo denim skirt, with a black silk ribbon belt. For drama, we chose white thigh high stockings with blue gingham bow detailing. To finish off the look Erica wore black pumps, and flawless movie star make-up that included a sultry blood red lip. My favorite part of this look was the pearl and bow necklace that I placed in Erica's hair as a creative take on a head piece. This is one of my favorite styling tricks, which is incorporating jewelry and other accessories in ways that are unexpected, and in this case the perfect touch. Overall the photo shoot was a success, and made for an experience I will never forget, and it was all made possible by the amazing team I had the honor of working with. The talented Marisa Anhaltzer completed the make-up look, and the photos were taken by the incredible Lan Bui of Bui Brothers Photography. Along with Erica, these were the people who made the shoot a success and made my job that much easier, which in this industry is often hard to find. The pictures below (click to make larger) shot by Lan Bui, were the best takes of the day, as they depict the hard work and every detail that went into creating the fabulous final products. Hope you all enjoy them, and hope they are as much a fantasy to you as they are to me, as I am so very proud. xoxo DB


PS. for behind the scenes footage click here or on the Bui Brothers link above...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment