Dee.Gi.B

A blog designed by a true fashion enthusiast, as homage to all of the writers, designers, photographers, destinations, and beautiful people that constantly inspire my creativity. Get lost with me in the expirience of high fashion, beauty, with small touches of food, music, and art, using each aspect to infiltrate into your own fabulous life, xo Diandra

Monday, May 14, 2012

INSPIRATIONAL IMAGE OF THE DAY: MIXING FASHION AND SPORTS

Happy Monday my fashion friends!! The beginning of another work/school week and already so much going on. Amidst the rest of the headlining topics in the media, one of the most prominent subjects is the upcoming Olympics in London. All media outlets cannot help but to focus on the excitement (and interesting fashion believe it or not) that these games bring. It was no wonder that Vogue decided to do an entire cover story on the Olympics, and athletes with the sports they represent. Anyone who knows me knows that I am absolutely fascinated by sports, actually quite obsessed. Being one of a competitive nature and coming from a sports driven family (my brother is quite possibly the best athlete I know), they have always been apart of my life. So today as I was doing my daily Vogue browsing, I came across the feature showcasing the statuesque Karlie Kloss in the seasons finest fashion and various star athletes in their element, my entire week was made. I still am drooling over labels such as Victoria Beckham, Vera Wang, Oscar De La Renta, Lanvin, Stella McCartney, Haider Ackerman, Atelier Versace, McQueen, and Bottega Veneta all which are featured in the article. To top it off these beautifully sculpted athletes are on full display, paired with a stunning model in exquisite clothing and you've got a real life fantasy. My favorite image is the one below, courtesy of Vogue.com, revealing two of my favorite things on this planet: Oscar De La Renta and Basket Ball. Model, Karlie sits parched atop a basketball hoop, in a breathtaking strapless gold gown, paired with Manolo Blahnik pumps, while D-Wade of the Miami Heat, dressed in head toe (well lower body to toe) Jordan brand demonstrates the skills and physique that make him one of the most powerful basketball players in the league. Shot by the famed genius photographer, this image is one that is both beautiful and powerful, soft and strong. The Olympics are always something I look forward to, and if these images are any indication of the upcoming event, they are sure to be unforgettable. Next stop London!! See the entire feature here, and for behind the scenes video footage click here. xoxo DB



1 comment: